Friday, September 14, 2007

My veteran's disability rating came through

I'm eligible for vocational rehabilitation which will be a huge "leg up" on starting my post-military life.

I don't want to give you the impression I'm badly off because I'm not. I've still got all the parts I had when I joined up in 1981. It's a matter of wear and tear and I consider myself pretty lucky.

The Veteran's Administration is swamped. Paperwork doesn't exactly fly through channels these days and it wasn't particularly fast before. As I said earlier, I'm not the neediest of the applicants and my expectations were not great. Additionally, the doctor who evaluated me is known for his low ratings.

But my package is back and I'm rated high (disabled) enough to receive vocational rehabilitation so that's a huge load off my mind.

No comments: